Operating through our Welwyn Components and BI Technologies brands, we have widely acknowledged industry pedigree in the successful design and manufacture of high reliability microelectronics.
Our world-class manufacturing facilities provide the foundation for the development of hybrid microcircuits integrated into the engine controls, fuel management systems and inertial navigation circuitry on some of most well-known global commercial aircraft.
Turnkey circuit layout and packaging design based on customers’ electrical schematics, and performance and environmental requirements.
Design and manufacture in compliance with MIL-PRF-38534 Class H.
Engineering and program management support.
A broad range of packaging and technologies, including:
• Hermetic and non-hermetic packaging
• Multi-layer thick film printing on ceramic (AIO and AIN)
• High and low temperature co-fi red ceramic (HTCC and LTCC)
• Thin film
• Surface mount
• Bare die and wire bonding (or mixed SMT and With Chip & Wire)
State of the art ‘lean’ manufacturing facilities, including:
• Class 10,000 clean room facilities in the US and UK
• Fully automated SMT lines
• Fully automated die bonding and wire bonding
• Automated inspection (under development for wire bonding)
• Custom test systems including full temperature testing
• Environmental screening to MIL-STD-883, ESA ECSS-Q-ST-60-05 and BS9450
ISO9001:2008 and IS014001:2004 quality management systems Applications
Our diverse range of custom solutions have recently been adopted in the following applications:
• Aircraft engine controls
• Airborne phased array radars
• Aerospace / space inertial measurement units
• Wing ice protection systems
• Electronic counter measures
• Missile fusing / seeker systems
• Helicopter mission computer systems
• Minesweeper sonar systems and beacons
• Suppressor circuits for aircraft lightning protection
• High voltage mass spectrometer circuits
• Optical test instrumentation
• Oil and gas exploration pressure and temperature logging modules