The Power Stack Technology is an electronic packaging architecture which enables double sided cooling for active semiconductor components. This brings a reduction in thermal resistance as well as an increase in power density (up to 30kW). Made with metal substrates and thick film dielectrics, a reliable, cost effective, light weight, small footprint power module is now possible.
Typical features and benefits
- Power module with double-sided cooling without wire-bond connections
- Optimised packaging concept for reducing parasitic inductance
- Reduction in thermal resistance due to a larger surface contact area
- Reduction in cost by removing expensive DCB substrates as well as heat spreading baseplates
- Light weight and small footprint
In the media: Power Stack technical article - Hanser Automotive - Emobility 10-2015 (German language)
Power Stack technology has won VERENA-award 2015. AB Mikroelektronik developed the first to the market process for soldering of electronic components to Aluminum which makes Power Electronics for E-Drive much more eco-friendly and offers also a very high cost/efficiency benefit.